Visit Historic Victor and the Memories Will Follow You Home.
Stay for a Lifetime and Enjoy the Unique Lifestyle with Family and Friends.
Things To Do When Visiting Historic Victor, Colorado -- Plus Interesting Links
Arrive and Depart Via a Scenic Byway or Shuttle:
- All Roads into Victor Offer Breathtaking Scenic Views -- Highway 67/Teller 81 (paved), Phantom Canyon Road, Shelf Road, Gold Camp Road, High Park Road/Teller One (paved). Click Here for routes to Victor that are part of the acclaimed Colorado & National Gold Belt Scenic Byway.
- Ride the shuttle between Cripple Creek & Victor -- Arrives & departs from trolley shelter in Victor across the street from the Claim Jumper General Store & Post Office at 106 N 3rd Street; Arrives and departs from the trolley shelter on Bennett Ave in Cripple Creek. Click Here for the Shuttle Schedule.
Stop at the Visitors’ Center in the Historic Alta Vista Railroad Depot for informational brochures, suggestions, and public restrooms -- in the park at the corner of Victor Ave & 2nd Street. Off-street parking and modern public restrooms also available at the Parking Plaza on North 3rd St (across the street from the Claim Jumper Convenience Store & U.S. Post Office).
- Victor's Gold Camp Agriculture & Mining Museum -- corner of Victor Ave & 2nd Street, open 10 AM to 5 PM, Friday through Sunday, Memorial Day Weekend through Labor Day Weekend, click link for more information.
- Victor~Lowell Thomas Museum -- corner of Victor Ave & 3rd Street, click link or call 719-689-5509 to check dates & times open as well as sponsored activities, events, and tours.
Take a Self-Guided Walking Tour of the National Register Historic Business District featuring 15 curbside interpretive signs with historic photos and information from the Gold Rush Era. Free printed tour map & brochures available from the Alta Vista Depot Victors’ Center (corner of Victor Ave & 2nd St), Victor~Lowell Thomas Museum (corner of Victor Ave & 3rd St), & distribution boxes attached to selected sign posts.
Walk or Drive Through the Historic Residential Neighborhoods of Victor -- click links to view a Photo Gallery of Selected Residential Gems and view a downloadable Booklet Describing Notable Architectural Features.
Hike, Bike, Ride Horseback, Snowshoe, or Cross-Country Ski on a Network of Scenic Trails through historic mining areas with interpretive signage and spectacular mountain views signs. Click links for trail-head locations, descriptions and maps. FOR YOUR SAFETY, DO NOT STRAY BEYOND THE MARKED TRAILS.
- Battle Mountain Trail, Independence Mill Site Trail & Stratton Outdoor Amphitheater.
- Golden Circle Trail.
- Vindicator Valley Trail and Purple Flourite Trail.
- Brief Downtown Victor Walking Trail.
- Lawrence Trail.
- Sunnyside Trail.
- Little Grouse Mountain Trails.
- VolksMarch 3.1 & 6.2 Mile Hikes — click link to view & print VolksMarch hiking trail guides starting from Claim Jumper General Store at 106 N 3rd St.
Refresh Yourself at these Unique Victor Food and Beverage Establishments:
- Mining Claim 1899 Saloon (315 Victor Ave, 719-494-4625) — bar and grill with burgers and sandwiches.
- K&L Claim Jumper (106 N 3rd St, 719-689-3601) — convenience store, groceries and snacks; notice the vintage U.S. Postal Service Facilities still used today in back of the store.
- Fortune Club Diner & Lounge (corner of Victor Ave & 3rd St, 719-689-2623) — old time soda fountain, grill, with Mexican food choices, and adjoining Lounge; Closed temporarily.
- Gold Camp Bakery (112 S 3rd, 719-689-9300) — soup, sandwiches, and baked goods.
- Victor Hotel Side Door Restaurant & Lounge (corner of Victor Ave & 4th St, 719-689-5883) — restaurant & bar.
- Phantom Canyon Coffee & Gifts (301 Victor Ave, 303-437-8753) -- coffee & gift shop.
- RoseTi Spirits [formerly Kat House Liquors & Splendid Pleasures] (415 Victor Ave, 719-787-9643) — retail liquor, wine,& beer.
- Victor Elks Lodge (3rd & Diamond Ave) — bar and special events.
Stay Overnight in Comfortable Accommodations with a Historic Flavor:
- Victor Hotel — corner of Victor Ave & 4th St, 800-713-4595, period furnished rooms with private baths, click link to make reservations.
- Historic Page Building -- 123 N 4th St, 719-822-4862, air bnbs, vrbos, click link to make reservations.
- Black Monarch Hotel — corner of Victor Ave & North 3rd St.
- Licensed Lodging Businesses -- Short- & Long-Term.
Shop in these Unique Victor Retail Establishments — also see Photo Gallery of Businesses Operating in Historic Buildings:
- Victor Trading & Manufacturing Company (114 S 3rd St, 719-689-2346) — Owners demonstrate the use of vintage tools and equipment from the late 1800's and early 1900's as they hand-make brooms, candles, tin cookie cutters and miniature miners' lunch boxes, fused glass, letter press materials and gift items. Click Link for a preview.
- Mountain High Antiques (123 N 4th St, 719-822-4862) — antiques, collectibles, & gift shop.
- Muleshoe Antiques (126 S 3rd St) — antiques and collectibles.
- Victor's Gold Camp Artists Co-op (Corner of Victor Ave & S 2nd St, 719-689-3048), upper level of the Ag & Mining Museum, 10 AM to 5 PM Friday thru Sunday during warmer months — fine art and handmade crafts.
- Claim Jumper General Store (106 N 3rd St, 719-689-3601) — snacks, grocery & convenience store. Notice the Vintage Post Office Facilities still in use at the back of the store.
- Rosety Liquors (formerly Kat House Liquors & Splendid Pleasures) (415 Victor Ave, ) — retail liquor, beer, wine, antiques & gifts.
- Twin Flame Gallery (102 S 4th St) — features fine photography and artwork by local artists, a diorama depicting Victor circa 1899 / early 1900's, a WWII Veterans Scrapbook and other historical materials in the recently restored building. Click link.
- Victor E-Bike Rentals & Antiques (313 Victor Ave, 719-231-1284) — E-Bike rentals, antiques, collectibles and rummage sales.
Attend Sunday Worship Services at the Historic Baptist Church (11 AM, S 4th St & Portland Ave), and attend special events held at Saint Victor’s Catholic Church (S 2nd & Portland Ave).
Enjoy Victor Parks & Recreation Facilities:
- Picnic at the Gazebo in Wallace Park at the corner of Victor Ave & 2nd St. -- public restrooms available.
- Use the children's playground equipment in Washington Park on S 2nd St.
- Skate at the newly refurbished outdoor hockey rink at S 4th & Portland Ave — winter only.
- Play a game of softball, baseball, or soccer in the historic Gold Bowl Park at 2nd & Victor Ave.
Visit the Victor Public Library to Research Your Family History using turn-of-the-century Gold Camp City Directories, Victor Sanborn Maps, and desktop computers — 124 S 3rd St, open weekdays, 12 noon to 4 PM, closed Saturday & Sunday. Call 719-689-2011 to confirm availability and hours.
Enjoy the Fantastic Victor Weather & Plan to Return Often for these Annual Festivals & Special Events:
- Victor Gem & Mineral Show -- June 16-18, 2023, outdoor, free admission, click Link for details.
- Victor Gold Rush Days -- July 14-16, 2023 click link for details.
- Victor Historic Home & Building Tour -- Saturday, July 15, 2023, 11 am to 3 pm, tickets $10 per person (children 12 and under free when accompanied by an adult). Click link for highlights of previous Victor Heritage Society Tours. Details of 2023 tour to be announced.
- Victor Gold Rush Days Parade -- Sunday, July 16, 2023. Participate in the noontime parade with Friends & Members of the Victor Heritage Society dressed in period costume while strolling along Victor Avenue with the VHS Banner. Everyone is welcome! Watch the Bulletin Board for 2023 Parade details to be announced.
- Victor Celebrates the Arts, Labor Day Weekend Plein Air Art Show & Sale -- Sept 1-4, 2023. Click link for 2023 details to be announced.
- Annual Victor Pack Burro Race -- Sept 9, 2023, race departs from downtown Victor at noon, click link for 2023 details to be announced.
- Spectacular Aspen Leaf Viewing — late Sept / early Oct, along all roads leading to and from Victor.
- Gold Camp 2023 Christmas Headframe Lights — Nov 25, 2023 through Jan 1, 2024, click link for details to be announced.
- Victor Christmas Parade & Events — Dec 8, 2023, check back for details to be announced.
Click These Interesting Links
for More Reasons to Visit Victor & the Mining District
for More Reasons to Visit Victor & the Mining District
- All Things Victor -- Attractions, Events, Heritage Sites, Hiking Trails, History, Gold Panning, Mining Tours, Museums, Walking Tours, Visitor Information, City Government, Businesses, and More.